Our beautiful wildlife garden at Kingfisher Barn requires ongoing maintenance and improvements.
Kingfisher Barn Gardeners
Join our new gardening club, run by the Parks Foundation - a great way to meet like minded people and become part of a team, whilst doing something valuable for wildlife and nature.
It is already a great space for wildlife and incorporates a wildlife pond, various composts, bug houses, log piles and we have also started on a medicinal plant garden. Although the garden has many great aspects, it needs maintaining with some TLC.
We also want to improve various aspects of the garden to make it more engaging and educational for our visitors.
Where and when
We plan to establish a regular gardening club at Kingfisher Barn, Granby Road on a Monday morning from 10am -12 noon.
There is no commitment to come every week.
No experience needed
No experience is required, however a keen interest in gardening is a must and any knowledge of wildlife gardens and ponds would really help us to improve the garden to its full potential.
There will be some manual work but there will also be jobs that are less physical. The sessions will be held throughout all the seasons but will be subject to the weather conditions.
Here are some of the tasks that will need to be done:
- Weeding and trimming back plants
- Some willow weaving for fencing
- Maintaining and improving the variety of plants in the garden
- Planting new areas with wildlife friendly flowers
- Maintaining our 3 types of compost bins
- Identifying plant species and planting various medicinal plants
- There is also scope to help develop some educational signage for the medicinal plants garden and for other features in the garden
- Rake leaves and litter pick
There will be many more job that come up throughout the year.
Find out more
Email Lisa Avisoa , call 01202 128484 (or call in to the Centre).